My other hero of the weekend is my son Ammon. My kids decided to join in the race day activities and run the 1K kids fun run. ( and the free t-shirts, goodie bags, and medals had nothing to do with it :) ) Dave took them, Noah and Ian took off while Dave walked along side of Ammon ( with Claire on his back). My little 2 1/2 year old ran the entire race. Dave told him he needed to run like a cheetah so he did. ( except maybe not quite so fast.) . He kept on running til he reached the finish line. I couldn't have been more proud of my little boy, who did not give up!! here are some pictures from the day:
Monday, October 1, 2007
Heroes
To me a hero is someone who is willing to try new things that may be difficult and they don't give up. This last weekend my sister April came to town again. We ran a half marathon on Saturday. I am a runner and have been since high school, I have run a half marathon and even a marathon before. My sister however has never really been a runner, but took it up when she moved to D.C. a year ago. She told me she wanted to run a half marathon and I said I would train and run with her. Anyway to make a long story short, she stuck with it and finished the 13.1 mile race and did an excellent job. I am so proud of her, she is one of my heroes.
My other hero of the weekend is my son Ammon. My kids decided to join in the race day activities and run the 1K kids fun run. ( and the free t-shirts, goodie bags, and medals had nothing to do with it :) ) Dave took them, Noah and Ian took off while Dave walked along side of Ammon ( with Claire on his back). My little 2 1/2 year old ran the entire race. Dave told him he needed to run like a cheetah so he did. ( except maybe not quite so fast.) . He kept on running til he reached the finish line. I couldn't have been more proud of my little boy, who did not give up!! here are some pictures from the day:



My other hero of the weekend is my son Ammon. My kids decided to join in the race day activities and run the 1K kids fun run. ( and the free t-shirts, goodie bags, and medals had nothing to do with it :) ) Dave took them, Noah and Ian took off while Dave walked along side of Ammon ( with Claire on his back). My little 2 1/2 year old ran the entire race. Dave told him he needed to run like a cheetah so he did. ( except maybe not quite so fast.) . He kept on running til he reached the finish line. I couldn't have been more proud of my little boy, who did not give up!! here are some pictures from the day:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are my hero! Whenever someone asks me how I got into running, I tell them about you. Now hundreds of miles later I'm still running. Someday we'll have to run another race together. I miss the 9pm runs that we use to do around the temple and the great parking lots of BYU.
Yes, I miss those too. Those were fun days!
i am not into sports personally, nor exercise as you have gathered. Robert has asked me often, "Well, if you did, what would you see yourself doing?" My answer has always been, "running." Just not sure how to begin...so I don't. But this is great that you do this
I wish we lived just a little closer, so you get me in gear...I'm ready to drop the rest of this baby weight-tara hale
Post a Comment