Growing up my dad was a huge baseball fan, he especially loved the Cleveland Indians. So growing up we learned to love the Tribe also. I came to find out after getting married that my dear husband is a baseball fan too. He has the goal of taking the boys to see a game at every major league ball park before they go on their missions. We have been to a few already ( but that is another story). Anyway we love to go to Indians' games. We usually go to a few games a year ( when Dave would get free tickets from work.) But last night was different, last night was special! There were no free tickets involved (darn). In fact there was a lottery to be able to even purchase tickets. So when Dave's name got picked we bought tickets, I mean after all how often do you get to go to a playoff game in Cleveland?
Last night, my sister Amy and her husband, along with my brother Chad and his friend Wesley, and of course Dave and I went to game to of the American League Division series against the Yankees. It was seriously the best game I have ever been too. There was so much excitement in the air! The game went into extra innings, and the Indians won in the bottom of the 11th, to take a 2-0 lead in the series. Is there a World Series in sight ? I sure hope so.
Oh a funny little antidote of the night were the bugs. Who would have thought that when the lights came on millions of gnats would swarm the field?? Now we were high in the stands and not bothered a bit by the bugs, but you could tell they were causing a big distraction on the field leading to short delays while the players put bug spray on. Anyway here are some pictures from our
2 comments:
Well, . . . someone's got to like baseball. If Devin and I don't like it does that make us un-American? We do like apple pie...A LOT!!!
go red sox!
glad you had fun! what a fun game to go to! we did notice all the bugs on the players on tv!
Post a Comment