Monday, October 29, 2007

Random Thoughts


My kids are always saying and doing things that are funny. I have to say that I do sometimes miss these moments, because I am worrying to much about whether or not my kids will turn out alright or if the house is clean enough or how tired I am. I've decided to try to focus a little more on the joys of motherhood, because time passes too quickly and soon my kids won't want to snuggle up to me anymore.
Yesterday as I was getting the kids ready for church I remembered that I bought these matching sweaters a few months back ( for 1.99 a piece). They hadn't worn them yet, but yesterday was a nice chilly day. We even were ready 20min before we needed to be, so I thought I would try to take pictures of them. I don't think I got one good picture out of the bunch. They kept fighting over who got to hold Claire, or who didn't want to sit by who. It was crazy. And of course Claire didn't want to be held, she wanted to keep walking toward the camera. She did how ever look straight at me and with a big smile said "Cheese". Unfortunately I am not that quick with the camera.
Another funny happening yesterday was at church during the sacrament. Maybe I shouldn't find this funny, but it was a little bit. Noah and Ian were fighting over who got to hold the sacrament tray. Noah was determined to pass it straight to me so Ian didn't have a chance to "hold" they tray. Meanwhile Ammon is trying to sneak extra pieces of bread. I think next Sunday I will sit between them.
My boys have discovered a new word. I am not sure where they heard it ( Noah probably picked it up from school), but I am pretty sure Dave and I haven't used this word in quite some time. Anyway yesterday I pulled out some new play dough stuff for the boys. Noah says "ahh sweet!" It was really funny cause now every thing is "sweet", they even have Ammon saying it.
One last random note, this morning I actually got up and made breakfast. We had french toast sticks and eggs. Much better than our usual cereal. The kids were pretty happy about that until Noah was about half way through and he says " Mom can I have a piece of ham?" "Huh"? ( where did that come from). He must have remembered the left over ham we brought home from dinner at a friends house ( which was really good by the way), and he just couldn't wait til we had it again. So the boys all had a slice of ham with breakfast.
Anyway thats all for now here are a few pictures from our photo shoot.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sweet! That's what ham is for!

Kate said...

Cute! How old is Noah? Maybe he heard Calin say it during primary.