Thursday, October 18, 2007

Welcome Home Uncle Brent.



Last Night my younger brother Brent returned home from his mission in the Baltic States Mission. He served in Latvia for the last 2 years. We are happy we live close to the airport, so it was easy for us to be there when he came down the escalator to the baggage claim. My kids were super excited because the uncle who they have been praying for to "travel home safely" for the last 2 years was now traveling home. They were also excited because they got to stay up way past their bedtime (his plane didn't arrive til 9pm). It was a fun night and Uncle Brent made it home safely. He was a little okay a lot overwhelmed, but who wouldn't be, I mean he has been out of the country for 2 years. I think most return missionaries are a little weird the first little while, as they readjust to civilian life. I am thankful that my boys have the opportunity to see their uncles accept the call to go on a mission and then return honorably. So Brent, Jeff (dave's brother who is still out on his mission), Tod (my brother who is now putting in his mission papers), and Chad ( my brother who is still in high school but I know will follow suit), thank you for being a good example to my boys.

3 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

wow you are fast i am still behind on blogs!!!1

Tara said...

It's crazy how fast all of your siblings have grown since leaving Canton...how exciting to have your brother home!

Susan said...

hooray! So glad you had the kids stay up late and enjoy the moment. I so remember when Jordan returned...everyone was there at the airport with signs and noises, lots of hugs and kisses. Loved every minute of it and still enjoy looking at the pictures.