Monday, September 24, 2007
Rainy days and Mondays. . . .
I read in a book once ( probably one of those self help books) " The way I spend my Monday usually sets the tone for the rest of my week." Oh how I hope that isn't true. At the Kitchen household, Mondays are somewhat a break from the weekend, so things are pretty slow going. We hang out at home and if I am lucky a load of laundry gets done, and the house is all tidy before dad comes home. On this particular morning I did clean out the refrigerator at task that took me about 1 hr and a 1/2. Mostly cause my fridge was nasty but partly because everything I pulled out, one of the kids would ask " can I have some of that?" Then lunch time brought a call from an old friend which was wonderful but it lead to some lovely couch forts built in my living room. Needless to say on Mondays a little too much t.v. is watched by all. Oh well at least my refrigerator is clean. Now about those couch cushions. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yah, for me, too...except it's Mondays, mornings and the rest of the week :)
Your mondays sound much like ours. And why is it that whenever I get on the phone the house rules go out the window?
monday sets the tone for the rest of the week? You have to be kidding...now I know why I'm in trouble. I started roofing our garage on Monday, did NOT clean the house...and now I have a hurting gluttius maximus...how do you spell that? so my walking, sitting, laying is very carefully done and some of my kids are returning to visit this week. Let me say, you have NOT made my week. Now I have more to worry about til Next Monday..when I will make it better.
I did not say that I agree with the quote. my week doesn't usually get going until tuesday. Hope your tuesday was better than your monday!
Oh, i figured you didn't necessarily agree with the quote. My mother would have used FRIDAY and then the whole weekend was free of chores...as it was in my house growing up. But my house now is empty. Who cares? ME!
Post a Comment