
It is always fun to take a break from the ordinary and do something a little spontaneous. Yesterday, my sister Amy and I took our kids to the Akron Zoo ( I will post those pictures a little later). That morning she had heard on the WQMX one of our favorite country radio stations, that they still had tickets available for the Brad Paisley concert at Blossom Music Center, and they were offering a 4 pack of lawn tickets for$ 69. So she called our other sister April in D.C. who was scheduled to fly in for the weekend that night at 9:45 and asked her if she would be able to change her flight to earlier so we could maybe go to the concert that night at 7:30 pm. April was able to change her flight but barely made her flight, she said it was pretty much like in the movies where she was running through the terminal to make her flight. She got in at 6pm. Dave graciously left work early and got home at five, and fed the kids dinner, while I went to pick April up at the airport. Then we drove to the concert. It should have only taken us 30 min to get there but traffic was backed up so it took us much longer. We got there and had to park in the grass lots and then walked a mile to the pavillion. Anyway we met up with Amy and her friend Alicia who had been saving us a seat for about 2hrs. The show was awesome, we had a blast. The crowd was a little wild but we still had fun! It was a great break from the normal everyday activities, I am glad my sister came up with the idea! Here are some pictures from our e

vening out!

Amy, Me, and April My cool belt buckle ( A b-day gift from April)


Brad and his band Brad Paisley
1 comment:
How absolutely wonderful...all the way around. One day I'll tell you the bad and great moment I had at the Iron Butterfly concert...years ago. Ask me. Iron Butterfly, you ask? why? Do you know the song, In Da Gadada Vida....or something like that. Well, then you can guess the sort of concert I attended. But the drummer was FINE!
Post a Comment