Monday, October 6, 2008

Run for Fun!

I love to run when I can find time for it. I really do like it and it always makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I started running in middle school and I still enjoy the competition of a good race although I am mostly competing against myself. Anyway last year my sister and I ran the Akron 1/2 marathon which was really fun. This year we ran on the last leg- a 12K on a marathon relay team. (the 5 team members run the length of the marathon). Well anyway it was a beautiful fall morning. We had a great time even if we had to wait in a 2 mile bathroom line.
While we were running Dave ran with the boys and Claire in a fun run that is in conjunction with the marathon. They loved it and enjoyed getting their very own t-shirts and medals. Here are a few pics.


The kids ready to run


Ian and Ammon Take off!


April, Nikki, and Amy

9 comments:

Sarah said...

You go girl! I bet if we lived in your town, Eric would have loved to have joined your team! Maybe one year!

Julie Baldwin said...

I miss running SOOOOOO much! I can't wait to get back into it. Devin and I are planning to run the Moab 1/2 in the spring. We'll see what training pushing a stroller is like.

Terra said...

looks like fun. if you're going to be home thanksgiving we should run the 5k in avon

Tara said...

How fun...I would love to do another 5K...it's been a while since my last race.

Valerie Salin is doing a marathon like that sometime this next year...I think she only has to run like 7 miles...I might consider something like that one day

Christina said...

Nice job! What a fabulously fit family!

An said...

CUTE pictures! Congratulations!

Shelly said...

You I always loved playing sports, but hated running. It wasn't until after I had my first child developed my addiction. We should run a half marathon in the spring.. anyways we need to chat.. long time no see :(

The Cartwright Family! said...

love the new background!!!

Emily said...

Awesome - I love the picture of the kids running.

What a great idea!