This past Sunday , October 19th, my sweet little ball of energy, Ian turned 6. Yes this was a most anticipated event, he has been talking about it since he turned five. (note: he is now talking about turning 7)
Ian Walter was born while Dave was in law school. It was my first experience with a mid-wife and I would say that thus far it has been my easiest labor and delivery, even though he was 10 days over-due. Since that day Ian has been blessing our life with sunshine and laughter. So here are 6 things you may or may not have know about our little Ian.
1. He is named after my dad, his middle name that is. We just liked his first name.
2. When he was a baby Aunt Amy once called him stinky- pete ( cause he was stinky). The name stuck and for a long time he was Ian Pete or Ian Peter. We still call him that sometimes but now he gets mad.
3. He loves to draw and cut and paste and will spend hours doing it. Now if only I can get him to clean up his mess.
4. He is very kind and tender hearted
5. He loves treats- he used to climb my pantry shelves to sneak fruit snacks .. . I would find them stashed under his pillow.
6. He is very smart, he picks up on things quickly and loves school.
He is a free spirit and a joy to have in our family.
Ian shares his birthday with his aunt Necia. Necia joined the family in May of 2002 when she married Dave's brother Jim. I was pregnant with Ian when we attended the wedding. Necia is a lovely person who is a great mom and makes really great bread! Anyway this year we happened to be visiting Jim and Necia on the big day, so we had a joint party at their house complete with ice-cream cake.
Ian and Necia
4 comments:
I too Love Ian! I can't believe he is 6!! I remember talking to you on the phone when you were close to his due date and Dave was out of town. I was worried you were going to go into labor with Dave gone-ut you didn't-because you went 10 days over due??? I had no idea!! Ian is a very special kid-I mean who isn't who knows to put animal crackers in his pj pockets-just incase he gets hungry at night!! Happy Birtday Big boy!
happy Birthday dear Ian PETER!
Happy Birthday Ian. I did not know you shared it with such famous people...in our family at least. I can't wait until you are seven...apparently neither can you! Happy Birthday from Aunt Kelli and Uncle Dana.
Happy Birthday Ian!
Post a Comment