Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thoughtful Husband

Last month on the 20th Dave and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. We decided to go out to dinner but skip gifts because well neither one of us could think of something we really wanted and we are starting to save for our 10th anniversary trip. So we went to eat at Brio Tuscan Grill which is a favorite. We dined al fresco again but this time it was a little nippy, but we enjoyed ourselves with good food and good company. Anyway while we were eating I commented on the cute wooden salt shaker and pepper grinder, I said oh I want some like these, and then the conversation drifted to something else. We ended the night at Barnes and Nobel another favorite spot. The next day Dave came home with some lovely flowers and these

7 comments:

Rebecca Banner said...

Holy wow! A man that pays attention to what you like and acts on it! He's a keeper. :) You're one lucky girl. Happy anniversary.

The Cartwright Family! said...

ooo those are cute!

Dustin and Tonya Ray Family said...

how sweet and thoughtful!

Heath'e' said...

happy anniversary! I love the salt and pepper grinders. Love it when they hear the little things!

Meta said...

Nice! Wow, Dave sure does good! Lately, I have been wanting some nice shakers too! Now you gotta get the good salt. happy anniversary (just a little late!).

Christina said...

Very very very thoughtful. Nice job Dave!

Susan said...

Years ago when my family asked what I wanted for my birthday, I asked for a pepper mill. Marissa piped up...MY GET! I guess no one else listened. We had gone out to dinner and after eating, I opened my gifts...and I received 3 sets! 3 sets! 2 went back!