So last night we experienced the remnants of Hurricane Ike. We got hit with whatever was left. Lots of wind and rain. I can't even fathom what the people in Texas went through but my heart goes out to them. Last night I sent Dave and the kids outside to bring in all the toys strewn across the yard for fear that they would be soon be strewn across the street or through someones window. The kids thought the wind was pretty fun so we let them run around for a little while. They thought that was pretty cool. We were lucky not to have lost power as many in our town did. In fact Dave had a church meeting at someone's house about 5 minutes from here and they had no power so they held there meeting by candlelight. If you ask me I would have just canceled. But oh well. Anyway part 2 of this story came this morning about 8:30 am. My neighbor and I were waiting outside with Noah and her son for the bus. I had mentioned that we had been waiting for a while even though we barely made it out in time for the bus to come. I ran to check the clock and it said 8:30. Huh? Well anyway we looked down the street and noticed no one else was waiting for the bus. So I ran inside to check the TV- turns out Noah's school was canceled because of no electricity. Whoops I guess we didn't get the memo.
On the other hand Ian still has school today. This makes Noah happy- not sure why.
4 comments:
We waited outside too, luckily the kindergarten bus driver stopped to let us know Avon East was closed, otherwise I would have rushed him across town thinking he had missed the bus.
We got part of Ike too. It was very very windy! Lots of trees down. Power outages everywhere. We are one of the few that have electricty. Our friends one street over are with out! Our next door neighbors wooden swing set/jungle jim blew over! I will have to take a picture and post it on my blog. Crazy!!
Storms are on our check-off list for grad schools! Okay, not really, but we really miss them. Utah has too many sun-filled days and not enough rain if you ask me. We're super excited to see you guys in a few weeks... months... whatever!
We were without power from Sunday to Thursday. Wasn't pretty.
Post a Comment