Sunday, August 24, 2008
From the looks of it. . . .
You would think I was about 10 years old. Thats about the last time I had skinned knees. but thats what I have right now two skinned knees, one worse than the other. Not to mention the skinned palms I have also. Yesterday started out fabulous I woke up and decided to go for a run. Noah wanted to come with me so I told him to get his bike and I would try to keep up. So off we went , It looked like it was going to be a good workout as Noah can ride his bike pretty fast. Well we were less than a block away from the house when I tripped over a sidewalk that was slightly raised. Yep I was down on my hands and knees. Noah seemed concerned when he saw the scrapes on my knees but I assured him that I was alright and that we could keep going. Well about 2 more minutes down the rode and Noah's chain fell off his bike. I took this as my cue to be done and we walked back home. This experience reminded me of when I was a junior in high school and was running with some friends to the track for track practice. Yep I tripped over a raised sidewalk and did the same thing. Although I still have a scar on my elbow and pinky finger to show for it. Okay so I guess the last time I had skinned knees was when I was 16. Or you could just say I am a little bit of a klutz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
first of all- I love your template! It very you. I think running turns us all into clutzes. It happens to the best of 'em
Ouch!
I ditto Shelly, OUCH!
I remember when I use to run in DC, I would always catch the edge of a side walk and down I would go. A college classmate would always tease me to the fact that I always either had a band aid on my knee, elbow, or palm. I guess I too am klutzy, thank goodness I took ballet, imagine what would of happened if I hadn't.
people who want to know...want to see pix.
That's awesome Nikki! I have to say, it's been a long time since I've had skinned knees!
I want to see a picture!!!
This made me laugh out loud especially because I lost count of how many times I have tripped and fallen while running (including spraining my ankle on my birthday!). I'll just say I got the scars when I was younger.
Post a Comment