Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don't Blink. . .

Because before you know it your babies are growing up and getting on the bus to go to kindergarten. This Afternoon was Ian's first day of kindergarten all morning he couldn't wait and kept asking me is it time to eat lunch yet? Because he knew that after lunch the bus came. We were out waiting for the bus with a few minutes to spare and as we saw bus 38 coming down the road I felt that familiar lump in my throat. I gave Ian a hug and a kiss and tried to hold back my tears as I told him to be a good boy and to choose the right. Then the bus came we took a few pictures and off he went for his first day of school. I then got on the phone and called Dave ( in a meeting, so he didn't answer). So then I called someone who I knew had been through this 8 times - my mom, and cried to her. You know I don't think that first day is ever gets any easier. But After I got my cry out, I went and enjoyed my new piece of freedom with only 2 little ones at home. Things are definitely more quiet in the afternoon, which I will no doubt enjoy. So to all of my kids- don't ever lose that first day excitement.


Ian on the first day!


With his new backpack that is a little too big for his body. (he'll grow into it)


Posing on the steps of Bus 38


A sad little boy who's brothers left him behind.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

Priceless!!!

April said...

Oh, I remember the first day of school...I always loved it, but what was even better was the bus ride home and coming in and telling mom all about the excitment of the day. And hearing about everyone else's day too. School is good but coming home is better so be happy about that!

Amy Franklin said...

It sure is a day of mixed emotions, isn't it! Andrew was so excited for school today, too--mainly for recess and lunch!

The Cartwright Family! said...

i'm tearing up just reading about!!
Good luck at school this year Ian and Noah!!

Kate said...

Aww, that last photo just breaks your heart!

Sarah said...

Kind of crazy-two in school. Ian looked like such a big boy with that oversized turtle shell on his back:) I hope he and Noah are enjoying school! Hang in there mama-try to enjoy your last two at home the best you can:)

Christina said...

Nikki, it is crazy to read all these posts about all these Chicago babies going to school.

Rebecca Banner said...

I forgot the camera the first day and we waited for the bus for 45 mins. The second day we had that rain and it was cold so i have pix then but the kids have their jackets on. I'm hoping come Tuesday it's warm and sunny enough to get cute pix of them in their uniforms. I'm enjoying the quiet as well!

An said...

Oh my how big they are getting. A sad boy reminds me of Nicky's son standing at the bottom of the school bus stairs watching Belle go to school on her first day.