Thursday, July 31, 2008

Golden Birthday

Tuesday I celebrated my 29th birthday. My real 29th birthday not my I am older but I will say I am 29, because lets face it I will be 29 forever. (he he. Now because my birthday is July 29th, It was my "golden birthday" You know 29 on the 29th. Now while I didn't get anything gold ( a joke), it was a very fun birthday beginning with doughnuts and ending with a slice of ice cream cake. Not to mention that mid-day slice of ice cream cake. What more could a girl ask for.
My family came up for a visit during the day and we had a nice visit and shared ice cream cake. And then Dave and I went out ,dined "al fresco" at the Cheesecake factory, went a browsed the shelves of Barnes and Noble and then topped the evening off with a movie at home. It was a great day, I mean who doesn't love being queen for a day.
Here are other notable people born on July 29th:
Martina McBride-country music superstar
Peter Jennings- news anchor
Elizabeth Dole- US Senator
Ken Burns- makes documentaries
Benito Mussilini- Italian Dictator
Here are some pictures of the celebration. ( mind you they are a little goofy)

the kids waiting on the breakfast doughnuts lovingly picked up by the husband


My much cuter younger sister awaiting the cake which she did not eat because she was on a diet and has such will power.


The yummy DQ thin mint blizzard cake with only 20 candles because quite frankly the cake would have caught on fire with anymore


The birthday girl.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

The Birthday girl looks as young as I first met you-back in 1997-what a great year!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Nikki!! You look marvelous!! What a fun day.

Glenn Franklin said...

Happy birthday to us. Mine was more of an anniversary (11th anniversary of my 29th birthday). Stephanie Marchant also shares our birthday.

Heath'e' said...

Happy birthday!! sounds like you had a nice day!! Nice choice on the cake, Yummy.

Susan said...

happy birthday..wasn't online on the day but it was on my calendar.

Kate said...

Happy belated!

Kelli and Dana said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Nikki! Ice Cream cake is our tradition too but we don't do birthday donuts...although I think I like it enough that I might just take that one too:) Happy Birthday again from the Gailans!