Friday, July 18, 2008

Brave Boy !

Yes, I will be bragging about my children again, but the way I look at it this is my main form of journaling and I want to remember these moments. Noah and Ian have been taking swimming lessons that last 2 weeks. This week when they started a new session I decided to sign Ammon up also. I was a little hesitant since Ammon is my child who will not even lay down in the bathtub to rinse his hair. He however was excited to be a big boy like his brothers and learn to swim. He handled the first week of swimming lessons like a pro. The one thing he would not do was to jump off the diving board (who would blame him). You see the teachers let the little kids jump off and they catch them. Well Ammon would have none of this no matter how many times they asked him if he wanted to. This morning he even told me that he was never going to jump off the diving board. Well imagine my surprise when lessons were over and he says "Mom, I'm going off the board." -huh what just happened here. Well to make a long story short. He got up there and jumped right off- 3 times to be exact. No more fear I guess.




3 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

way to go Ammon!

Susan said...

once the fear has been conquered, there's no more fun than just jumping into the pool...I took diving lessons as a teen but truly preferred the JUMP!

Heath'e' said...

love it! it is so fun when they get brave like that.