Well it is that day again, that I look forward to every week. And I have ever since I could remember. In middle school Friday meant babysitting or watching favorite shows like Full House, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers you get the picture. ( I hate to admit but I still watch these reruns today If only I could find reruns of Perfect Strangers oh we loved that show. In High School it usually meant going to Pizza Hut with the Cross Country team to carbo load for the next day's meet, and then going to the football game. In College it meant hoping for a date but usually hanging out with the girls eating pizza and a half gallon of ice cream. At least that was until I found my eternal date to which Friday became official Date night where we would do things that cost very little, like go to the $1.00 movie, and sneaking in our own candy., or going to Artic Circle and buying $.25 ice cream cones. Those were the days.
Today Friday means clean-up day that way we can play on the weekend, then Friday night either equals date night at home or at least twice a month out. This Friday is a little different we are going to go to my mom's house for a bonfire and then we will spend the night. Dave is going rafting in PA with some people from work so he will be gone all Saturday. So I think we will take it easy today and do the big clean tomorrow afternoon. Yes that is what I will do!!! Hope your weekend is a fun one!
And now for a blast from the past here is a clip from a favorite friday night show of yesteryear
8 comments:
We loved Perfect Strangers too! We used to do the dance of joy--remember that? We love Fridays now because it's pizza and movie night!
"Get out of the city!!!" Balki Bartokomous was the best. Great memories. I love Fridays too!!
Perfect Strangers is a classic. You can find them on DVD now, but I have never seen them run in syndication.
I loved this episode of Family Matters!! I always tried to learn the dance but it was never as good as him! LOL.. those were the days!
Do the Urkel DANCE!!! LOVED it. Remember the Steve Urkel board game that I had...that was a good time. And you had to do the Urkel dance. I wonder if that guy ever had back problems from standing like that all the time.
I also loved the "dance of joy" and even created several variations of the dance. According to Wikipedia, the ION network owns the airing rights and plans to return this show to the schedule eventually.
College days-eating Ice cream and Pizza on Friday night-who were your roommates?? If I remember- one of them was ME!! We never did that!! We were too busy having lots of fun!! That is great that you and Dave go out at least 2 times a month. We average twice a year!! I know, I know, I need to suck it up and get a baby sitter more often!
Okay so the pizza and ice cream was only once or twice freshman year and I think it was with Cheri and Janelle you were probably partying but yes you are right we did have lots of fun!!!
Post a Comment