Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Snow Squabbles

Well I am sorry to say I have had it with this snow. Sure it is pretty and all but it sure can produce a lot of headache. To start off I got stuck trying to pull into a friends driveway. Actually it was more in the road than the driveway (the roads were not yet plowed) Thanks to Emily and the nice man next door who helped to dig my car out. That problem was solved onto enjoy the rest of the day. Well we returned home a few hours later to find that the snow plows had come down our street, but had decided to leave a pile of packed snow at the end of my relatively snow free driveway. So we parked on the road , and tromped through the snow up to the house. I turned on a show for the kids, and then proceeded to snow blow through the mess. Well it was not as easy as I thought ( the snow was packed pretty good), but I managed to make a entry way just big enough for my van to get through. Then I thought someone needs to hear about this. So I called the city and complained ( but I am not very good at issuing complaints>). So the lady said I'm sorry but the plows can't miss all the driveways you'll just have to dig yourself out, (she tried to make me feel better by saying she has to do that sometimes, Thanks lady). On a sunny note. . . My arms did get a great work out today and I figure I'll just skip running on the treadmill today and not even feel guilty about it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm tired of snow, too. :(

Sarah said...

Girl, like I keep saying, move to Cincinnati. We seem to miss the bad snow storms. We didn't get any of the snow you are talking about-you need to tell Dave you want to move South!

Susan said...

Do NOT tell David you want to move South. Do NOT. And now only did you shovel yourself out of the driveway but you also lugged your kids out to church last night...amazing!