Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Pleasant Valley Sunday. . .
Or not so pleasant depending on how you look at it. Sunday started out the same as any other Sunday. The only difference was that Dave's sister Sarah and her family were here with us. Which was very fun, especially for the kids who really enjoyed seeing their cousins. We got up went to church, came home, ate lunch, the kids played for awhile. All was going just nicely until it happened. All of a sudden I heard Claire screaming in the playroom. I ran down to see what was going on and Claire was on the floor, looking like she had been knocked down or something. I asked Ian what happened and he said "I don't remember" ( how convenient). Well I picked Claire up and she stopped crying for a few minutes than she would start up again. So I put her in her bed thinking she was just tired. I went to check on her and noticed she was holding her right arm a little funny. So I touched it and she started screaming. "Uh Oh" that is not a good sign. So thankfully Dave's sister and her family was at our house to watch the other kids so Dave and I could take Claire to Rainbow Rapid Care. ( which turns out isn't all that rapid.) Well once the dr. took a look at Claire's arm she said that it was most likely "nurse maid's elbow" or in other terms a partially dislocated elbow. She popped it back into place, and took x-rays just to be sure. x-rays came back normal. And we were sent home with orders to give Claire tylenol until the pain went away. Thank goodness she didn't break anything and we are back to normal. Come to find out the cause of the accident was that one of my children (who will remain nameless) was trying to lift her into the playpen. whoops. I will post a picture when Dave emails me the one he took with his phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
this would happen to Haylee as well when she was younger. hers were very random...just swinging her around did it the first time (we think). it was perplexing.
Whew I am glad she did not break anything, but still eventful and full of emotions. It is amazing how flexible little childrens bones are.
I like your new carpet... how is it kid friendly... I always thought cream and children never go together. It looks very nice.
I am glad she is ok. Poor little girl-I am sure she will go through many more injuries with her brothers! (My brother who also has three boys and the 4th a little girl-the girl has already broken her arm-the results of one of her brothers)
coming from a family with 3 wild brothers and no sisters might I add some insight--that which dosen't lame or mame her will only make her stronger! She will grow up to be a tough little cookie! I'm so glad she is okay!
Poor thing! Love your new carpet. When can I come over and take a nap?
One of our kids had Nursemaid's Elbow several times. After the second time an ER doctor friend showed me how to fix it myself and I had to do it a time or two. Keep an eye on her because once it happens it can easily happen again!
Post a Comment