
Can it really be the last day of kindergarten?? It seems like just yesterday I was crying because Noah was getting on the school bus for the first time. Now today I am crying because my kindergarten is over and my little boy doesn't seem so little anymore. It is amazing to me to see how much Noah has changed this past year. He can read and do simple math, he has lost 2 teeth soon to be 2 more. He is growing up faster than I would like, but that is how life is, the days are sometimes long but the years are short. So yesterday when Noah started crying and told me he didn't want kindergarten to be over, I had to agree with him. But I told him of all the fun we would have this summer, and how much fun it will be to be a first grader. We both decided that there was a lot to be excited about.So on this last day of kindergarten I resolve to not focus on the time that has past , but to enjoy each day with my children, because before I know it they will be grown.

2 comments:
I worry about how fast these next years are going to go, too...all the stuff they'll be exposed to that I'm able to protect them from now - scary. I try to enjoy every day, too, because it wasn't that long ago that I just longed for the next day...a day when I could sleep an entire night without interruption (I'm still interrupted from time to time). Have a fun summer!
5 kids, 5 kindergarten first days, 5 kindergarten last days, 5 graduations from HS, 5 first days at college, 4 and soon to be 5 graduations from college. 5 weddings. Every single first and last brought me to deep despair and tears...always hidden from my kids, tho.
Perhaps tears are just a way to mark the moment...a little salty stain that said, "I have lived. I have loved. I have succeeded."
Thanks for this great blog. Glad you mentioned it tonight. I love reading blogs. I'll be back
Post a Comment