Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Day At the Beach









Well today was certainly a hot day. So when Terra told me they were going to the beach today I decided that we would tag along. We went to Miller Rd beach in Avon Lake, I had never been there before but it was a nice little beach, not to big, not to crowded. The water was fairly warm and shallow. The boys were first reluctant to put their swimming suits back on ( after swimming lessons) but once they saw Katy and Alexandra swimming they couldn't resist. They spent the morning practicing there swimming skills. I was impressed with all they can do with out the teacher near by. Ammon however wanted nothing to do with the water, until we were about to leave, then he went right in shoes and all. Claire enjoyed sitting on the blanket playing with sand toys. It still makes me a little nervous watching them be daring in the water, that's why I think next time we will take dad along, it probably would be more relaxing that way.

1 comment:

Susan said...

We have a lovely teeny beach in Paradise...public but great. come a bit further west...just a block west of our street. You'll love it. It's where my 4 girls learned to swim and where my son continued swimming (the lake makes you a strong swimmer, btw) and building bonfires and all my kids return there to find their centers after being away from home.