Well it happened today, just like it does every morning after Halloween. My kids ask for candy with their breakfast. And that is what I will be hearing for the next month while we try to rid ourselves of the candy. Now I am all about taking the kids to a few houses on our street, letting them experience the fun of trick or treating. This way they only get a small amount of candy. Dave on the other hand loves trick-or-treating just about as much as the kids do. He makes sure they start hitting the streets at exactly 6pm. They will stop back buy about halfway to "unload" and then they will continue until trick-or-treating is over. This leads to an unsightly amount of candy. What on earth am I going to do with it. Mostly for my sake it needs to be out of the house, the kids will forget about it in a few days, but me, I will remember that there is stress relief near by in the form of a Reese's cup in my closet.
Even Claire got in on the fun. She dug into her bag and started trying to eat the candy through the wrapper.
I love Halloween, it is fun to see all the kids ( and some adults) dressed up in costumes. Here are some pictures of some of my favorite costumes this year. Most are of my kids but one is of my brother and the other is of Grandma Ruby ( she did not dress up but we did put this hat on her to take a pic).
9 comments:
I packed mosted of our candy in zip locks, and sent it to ben's office this morning...ironic isn't it...to send candy to a dental office!?! I did leave a few pieces at home for those stressfull moments like you mentioned
Your kids looked cute!! Too bad we don't live closer, because you could drop the candy off at our house. That is what some friends of ours did last year. We love candy!! Eric and I have the ability to make it last past Christmas, but now that we have Abigail to help....it just might not last as long.
All of the costumes are so cute. I didn't know Dave was so into Trick or Treating.
personally i think the best way to rid yourself of candy is to let the kids eat all of it. soon they will puke and won't be asking for candy again for along time. ask me...I'm old. I've experienced everything. . .yes, even this. The best of our experience was our HT was present when the upchucking began and he beat a hasty exit...didn't even stay to help clean up. Man!
I love the post title!!!! good luck practicing self control today - I've already had nearly a dozen pieces! :)
CUTE kids! And your brother's costume HILARIOUS!
I recently read a good idea: Use it to make a gingerbread house. Open it and separate it into ziplocs. Use cardboard to create the house then let the kids frost and decorate. Each piece of candy on the house is one less in their bellies.
Oh, I think candy corn is a vegetable. I know it fits somewhere in the food pyramid. Devin says it goes great with the little pumpkins, which we know are vegetables.
Post a Comment