Well this morning did not go quite as I had planned it. We of course would get up ( every one in a happy mood of course) eat breakfast, Noah would get on the bus and we would start the day. Well thats not exactly how things went. First off no one was too cranky when they woke up but they were really hyper. (probably due to all the candy they ate yesterday)Then Noah came down stairs dressed and not totally matching but okay enough that I wasn't going to challenge him. He says to me I had to wear these pants because the jeans you put in my drawer are Ian's they are too short and pinch my tummy. Well I go upstairs and see that they were not Ian's jeans they were his. I had him try them back on and in just one week (he wore them last week). They have become too tight and too short. This makes me a little sad. Kids just grow up to fast. Seriously in a year or 2 Noah will be as tall or taller than me. Okay maybe not that soon, but soon.
So then we managed to throw everything together and make it to the bus on time. Well right before the bus came Noah says " Oh mom we forgot it is picture day". Well he certainly couldn't wear what he had on to get his pictures taken, so we ran inside to change clothes and in the process missed the bus. Luckily school is less than 5 minutes away.
That is how some days are. . . It is cold and gloomy but I am trying to not let that get to me. There are so many things to be grateful I am going to focus on those today. That and I think I will go turn on my "Wicked" soundtrack to get me ready for the show tonight. Yes that is something to cheer about!
3 comments:
yes nikki i am checking your blog out here in cali...have fun at wicked tonight!!! melissa and i are going on march 5. you just can't see that musical enough!
You went to Wicked last night? We went to Wicked last night. Saw it last time around...will probably see it next, too. We always see Les Mis and now I think Wicked will be added to the have-to-see productions. Loved last night's Elphaba's voice/range.
too bad we didn't run into you!! It was fantastic wasn't it and yes i loved Elphaba!
Post a Comment