Monday, February 18, 2008

And if you cannot find me look to the western skies....

So the title of this entry is from one of my favorite songs (Deifying Gravity),from the musical "Wicked". This weekend Dave and I had the opportunity to go and see "Wicked" at the State Theater. We went with my sister Amy and her husband Art. It was simply (well not quite simply) fantastic!!! It is by far my favorite musical ever. We had super seats (7th Row) thanks to my sister April whose roomate is a sister of Andrew Madsen a member of the Ensemble in the touring company of wicked. He was able to secure us great seats. It was a great evening. The only picture I have of the Evening is Amy and I pointing to the cast board. Yes they told us several times that they would confiscate our cameras if they caught us taking pictures. . .even without a flash. I was not going to risk it.

5 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun date! Isn't it nice to get away from the kids and enjoy an evening with adults?

Emily said...

Nate and I are big "Wicked" fans! We have it memorized - sad, I know.
What a fun date - I love your blog.

Susan said...

Wicked! Saw it twice and will see it any time it comes....same with Les Miserables. Have the CD, the piano book, and the google video from Broadway. Last time I bought a CD of the woman who was Elphaba. What a voice...Amazing experience!

Emily said...

Oooh, lucky you! Glad you got a fun night with Dave!

An said...

I concur that Wicked is fantastic!!! I loved the show as well and absolutely LOVE listening to the music.