Every Wednesday is the same old story. I know what is going to happen before my handsome little first grader comes in the door. It goes a little something like this. Me: Okay you can have a snack and play for 30 min then it is time to do homework. (Note we only have this problem on Wednesday when it is journal writing day) Him: Okay.
30 min later : Me: Okay it is time to do your Wednesday writer. Him: ( in the most whiny voice you can imagine) I can't it's to hard. Me: you haven't even read the prompt. Him: I can't think of what to write.
This usually goes on for a long time. I am not sure what to do, to make this time less dreadful. Any ideas?
3 comments:
We always did this journaling thing with our kids on the first Sunday of the month, afternoon. Everyone sat down to their notebooks. the little ones colored (scribbled) on the dated page. the next oldest might have drawn a picture which we wrote about ourselves, and the older kids just wrote a line or two...all the while, Robert and I journaled. Same complaints you have but it was just what we were going to do so soon they learned to get on with it and get it over with. What was worse for them, as they will tell you today, was our weekly calendaring. If their activities were not listed, they could not do them.
just spank him!!!
ha ha j/k
Does he get the prompt before Wednesday? I sometimes have my students write a few sentences each day so it doesn't have to be one big thing at once. Or if he can draw a picture first, then write about it, that sometimes helps. E-mail me with more details of what it is like and I'll let know if I have more ideas. We teachers do give nasty homework assignments, sorry!
Post a Comment