Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gratitude

It is usually around this time of year that I get a severe case of Cabin Fever. It isn't so much the cold as it is the gray days. I decided that in order to feel better I need to start thinking of at least one thing that happened that day that made me grateful. Some days it is as simple as the sun was shining. It is amazing what a little sunshine will do to lift your spirits. Monday I was grateful it was warmer and I could take my kids out to play in the snow before it melted. ( they stayed out for longer than 5 min). And yesterday I was thankful for the funny things kids say that just make you laugh.
Here is a sample of the conversation Ian and Abby had in the car on the way home from Preschool.
Abby: I am going to marry Ammon
Ammon: Huh?
Ian: You can't marry him because you will have to get yourself married before he comes home from his mission. Because he is smaller than you.
Abby: Well boys grow up bigger than girls.
Ian: He will still be on his mission when you need to get married
Abby: Oh.
It was really funny, a bright spot on a gray day!!
Hope your day is happy.


8 comments:

Susan said...

Thankx for the Happy Day wish. I will have a Happy Day....better to be alive than dead.

amy said...

my kids talk about marrying each other, too. i hear you on the glum days. it's sunny here today, but MIGHTY cold. hopefully spring will roll around soon.

Kate said...

That's so funny! The gray days get to me too. Todays sunshine threw me off and I walked outside expecting it to be 50 degrees. That -10 wind chill was like a slap in the face!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cartwright Family! said...

thanks for the reminder!! Love ya!!!

Sarah said...

You got some snow?? It is pretty funny how only 4 hours south can do. We didn't get any snow!

April said...

that's the cutest picture of clair ever

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.