It's that time of year again, where new shoes and backpacks replace bathing suits and bare feet. In my mind have have been looking forward to this day where at least one of my kids would be gone all day at school. Well it wasn't as exciting for me as I had expected. In fact this morning I was downright sad and worried. Worried about all the "stuff" he will be exposed to while I am not with him, worried about all sorts of crazy things.
On the other hand I am excited for Noah to face this new adventure, he will be learning so many new things each day. After all he is truly excited to ride the bus again, to eat lunch at school and to have recess. So I put away my tears before he woke up this morning. I fed him a good breakfast, had morning prayer, and told him to remember to always choose the right.
After looking at the clock every two minutes for an hour and a half, the bus came @ 8:10 am. ( can you guess what time we woke up?). Noah hopped on the bus with out looking back, excited to be a big first grader!
I can't believe my oldest is in first grade. Time sure flies. I can't slow time but I can slow myself
down to enjoy the journey
3 comments:
10 Things to Enjoy .. from my experiences:
1. late buses...where's my kid?
2. lost permission forms....who had them last?
3. Room mom...nothing better, oh the things you can make and do and bring.
4. PTA president...at least run for some office. It MAKES the school years.
5. Parent/Teacher conferences...well, what else can you say about that? Just don't believe any of the bad things you might hear. Just consider it. Never admit to the same incidents at home. Never give a teacher added fuel.
6. Have David take a day off each year and attend the full day of school with Noah (now and the rest later). Robert did this from K-12. our 5 kids loved it. Their friends loved it. The principals loved it.
7. Holiday musicales...get the cameras and tissues ready.
8. Heavy backpacks...find a good chiropractor...I have one if you don't.
9. Eating lunch at school...don't you just look forward to rubber weiners or chicken nuggets or hockey pucks (aka hamburgers)?
10. And now and again, one less makes for just a few extra quiet moments. Savor them. Find them. Use them.
Well, I have to say the pics are adorable and I am a proud grandma, of course!
However, I am most impressed with the stories on the blog. Nikki, you are a great writer!! Any published works in your future? Made my day, thanks for sharing!
what a sweet entry!
Post a Comment