Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today Dave and I celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. We celebrated this weekend by going out to dinner at The Nemo Grille in Avon. We had a lot of fun. It is hard to believe we have been married for 8 years. Sometimes I feel like I should still be in college.
But Anyway we were married 8 years ago in the Washington d.c. temple. It was a sweltering august day. Not like the rainy day it is today. I like to think that I prayed the rain away on our wedding day. I remember waking at 4:30 to hear thunder and lightning and praying as hard as I could that it would be a sunny day. Well we awoke later that morning to a beautiful sunny day and quite possibly the hottest day of the year. Ahh the memories. If any of you are interested in how we met I will give the brief version. If you aren't interested just skip over this part.
Dave and I met in early September of 1998. We were both living at the Riviera in Provo and attending BYU. One night we all went to a dance at the wilk, Dave came with us and danced with everyone. I danced with him once but didn't think he liked me because he didn't even know my name. Besides that he only danced with me once. But a few days later he started coming over alot and we finally went on one date. We had fun but he decided to pursue other interests (i.e. the other woman, but I will not go into that story). Anyway I figured nothing was going to happen. Anyway fast forward 4 months to January. Our ward was having a baked potato dinner, my roomate Julie was in charge so I went and helped her buy 20 lbs of potatoes and fixings. Dave happened to be outside when we brought the loot home. He graciously volunteered to help foil and cook the potatoes. My good friend Sarah who must have been in tune with the spirit suggested I help him. Well folks the rest is history. we were engaged in April married in august.
It hasn't been easy but for the most part it has been enjoyable. I am happy to be married to my best friend.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, the memories. I wish I could say I was in tune with the spirit. I was more in tune with Dave, and could tell he had interest in you again, and what better way then to help foil pototatoes together? Crazy to think 8 years has gone by. Eric and I are heading to 4 years.

The Cartwright Family! said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

April said...

Congratulations for making it past that 7 year itch!! Just kidding. Love that Riviera!!!

Susan said...

well, i want to hear about Cara Shirk...so blog that one for at least me. and happy anniversary, too. Riviera was new when I was at BYWho but I didn't live there. Way too fast and raucous for me. but that tells me a lot about you unless it changed in 100 years;-)