Because Independence Day fell on a Wednesday we decided to take Monday and Tuesday to go camping with Dave's brother and his family. We went up to the Allegheny National Forest in Pennsylvania. I am not much of a camper, I would rather stay at a nice hotel on the beach, but it turned out to be a pretty fun trip. The kids had a blast exploring the camp site with cousins Madeline and Nathan. They also enjoyed swimming and hiking. There was a little beach at our campground but the swimming area was a little gross. So the next day we drove to a lake and let the kids swim they mostly played in the sand. Because as Ian put it " the sand is the bestest part ever!" The kids we all very good during the day. Night was a little different, I think Noah was the only kid out of the 6 that did not wake up crying/screaming each night. On Wednesday we broke camp went and got the cars washed, had some ice cream and said our goodbyes. Then Dave the kids and I drove to Pittsburgh to see a Pirates game. Because it was the 4th it was packed and we ended up parking a mile away. Oh well. The kids were good and tired when we finally got home at 10 pm. It was an enjoyable trip and now I hopefully don't have to think about camping til next year.
Nikki! I love that you guys have a blog now! It's so good to see the cute little kids. That knock knock joke was hysterical. Ammon is a riot. We can't wait to see you guys! Glad your fourth was spectacular!
2 comments:
Have always been Steelers fan but back in the day, probably before you were born, I was a Pirates fan. Lucky you!
Nikki! I love that you guys have a blog now! It's so good to see the cute little kids. That knock knock joke was hysterical. Ammon is a riot. We can't wait to see you guys! Glad your fourth was spectacular!
Post a Comment