Saturday, October 3, 2009

Conference Saturday

This morning I was looking forward to a quiet morning of sleeping in. 8 am would be lovely but I would settle for 7:30. I thought for sure the kiddos would sleep in especially little Claire who was up at 5:45am yesterday, did not take a nap, and was still awake at 9pm when Dave and I returned home from our date. The other kids were up til almost 10 finishing a movie so I thought for sure they would sleep in. Imagine my surprise when I hear little feet come running into my room at 6:30 am. It was Claire of course. I told Dave to go get her to go back to sleep, but the next thing I know Dave is getting dressed and taking Claire and Noah (the other one who woke up early) somewhere. Yes they went to the Westside Market to buy some of the best doughnuts I have ever had. So I woke up at 8:45 to a lovely breakfast of french toast, sausage, and doughnuts. (I didn't say it was healthy, but it was delightful). I am thankful for a thoughtful husband who likes to surprise us sometimes.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love surprises like that. Good job, Dave!

Jaime said...

Yummy! Doughnuts are one of my favorite treats...hands down.