Sunday, January 4, 2009

I can't wait until I'm eight. . . .

. . .for then I'll be baptized you see. This has been the tune of this past year and yesterday it finally came to pass for my oldest child. Yep Noah turned 8 yesterday. What a special day it was. Because it was a Saturday we decided to hold his baptism on the same day. So as Uncle Jeff put it is was his "double birthday". We were so blessed to have so many members of our family in attendance. Noah was baptized by his Uncle Jeff ( Dave's youngest brother). It was a special treat for Noah who thinks Uncle Jeff is simply the best. Dave thought that by having Jeff baptize him it would allow Noah to have a "big brother" of sorts to look up to. Then he was confirmed by Dave with the bishop, grandpa Pat, grandpa Walt, uncle Art, uncle Jim, uncle Jeff and great-grandpa Larry standing in also. Grandma Tina and Grandma Cindy gave the talks. And Uncle Chad, Aunt Becca and Aunt Abbie sang a lovely rendition of "Holding Hands around the World".
It really was such a lovely day and I am so thankful that Noah came to our family and has been and continues to be a good example and a great brother to his younger brothers and sister.
So in honor of Noah's eight birthday here are 8 things you may or may not have known about him
1. He was a BYU baby born in the middle of an "inversion" ( a weather term I have only ever heard in Utah.
2. He loves legos especially Star Wars ones.
3. He taught himself to ride a bike a few years ago
4. His favorite color is green
5. He likes to play the piano ( although he would never admit to this)
6. His favorite food is shepherd's pie.
7. He loves baseball and once last summer he made all three outs in an inning.
8. He like to read.
Happy Birthday dear Noah, we are so glad you are a part of our family.

Noah at about 4 months old


Noah and Uncle Jeff


Noah with mom and dad


Noah with Grandma Tina and Grandpa Pat



Noah with Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Walt

Noah with Great Grandma Ruby and Great- Grandpa Larry


Noah with Uncle Jeff and Grandpa Pat

11 comments:

Terra said...

Congratulations Noah! Sorry we missed it, we would have loved to have been there. I can't believe our little babies are so big now.

Shelly said...

Congrats Noah! We are so proud of you. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Everyone looked great.

Amy Franklin said...

Wow, I can't believe how big Noah is! Congratulations on such an important decision. And isn't it nice to have the support of family? It makes for a special day!

Kate said...

Congrats Noah! The baptism went so smoothly-well done mom!

Jaime said...

Congrats Noah! What an awesome day. I say your mom and grandma yesterday and they said it was a lot of fun to see everybody.

Melanie said...

wow, what a big day and so fun to have alot of family around him to support him.

Susan said...

it was a lovely baptism but dad's testimony on Sunday was the capstone. Lucky Noah to have such great parents.

Sherry said...

Nikki, it is crazy that our kids are old enough to take this step. My how time keeps marching on. This next year will be Audrey's turning 8 year. What neat memories. Thanks for sharing with us!

Haley said...

Contrats!!! I feel so bad that we missed it!!! I had planned on coming until Mitch and woke up not feeling well that morning!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have a child that old. For pete's sake, I knew YOU when you were that age!! What a beautiful family. (Cindy)

Denise said...

Nikki,
It's been awhile! :) I can't believe Noah is 8 that is so great! Such a great feeling! I feel so blessed that God gives us the Holy Ghost as a second babysitter when I'm not with my kiddos. I can't wait until they all have that help!
Cute family!
Denise