I got pregnant with Ammon shortly before we moved to Ohio. So when we moved here I began looking for a midwife, being new to town I didn't know where anything was. I had been told that a member of our bishopric was an OB, and that a lot of people in the ward went to him. I know he is a really good doctor but there is just something about doing business "down there" with the same person that gives you a temple recommend interview. Our first day going to playgroup I happened to meet a very pregnant lady. I asked who her doctor was and she said "actually, I go to a mid-wife". Thanks to Yvonne I found a midwife who I came to love. Anyway my pregnancy was pretty easy, but because of the large size of my previous 2 kids and because I was once again measuring big. My midwife decided to induce me 2 weeks early. I was not opposed to this. We got to the hospital and started the pitocin at around 7:30 am. Colleen came and broke my water at 8:00 am. I thought this was going to be a long process. My contractions were pretty bearable for the most part. At about 11:45 the nurse came in and checked me and I was at a 6 she said well it looks like you have a while to go so I'm off to lunch I will check you again when I get back. Well about 15 minutes later I told Dave he'd better go get the nurse cause I felt like I needed to push bad! He went to get the nurse she checked me and sure enough I was a 10 and she called my midwife to come over. Once she got there it was time to push and about 5 pushes later, little Ammon was out. Actually he wasn't so little he weighed in at a whopping 9lbs and 1oz. and 21 in.
Ammon has been a joy and a real blessing to our family. He is quite curious and busy. He is a good listener and he is always smiling. He is a go with the flow kinda guy who loves his sheep blanket and his stuffed cat. No one is a stranger to him ( which makes me a little nervous, we have had the do not talk to strangers talk many times). And he says funny things at the funniest times. One of my favorites was when we were at Costco and he says to the check out lady who happened to have very short hair " Are you a boy or a girl?" She said " my name is Kathy what do you think?" Well Kathy is a name that Ammon has not heard very often so he says quizzically " A boy?". Luckily the lady was nice about it, but we left there pretty fast.
Anyway here are a few pics of Ammon
Ammon just 4 years ago
Ammon at age 1
Ammon at age 2
Ammon at age 3
Ammon with Mom and Dad at age 4. ( please ignore my nastiness)
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Ammon! Thanks for sharing the birth story, I LOVE hearing birth stories:) Kind of crazy he is 4-I remember you emailing me, when I used to work, and you telling me that you were pregnant with Ammon-that was right after I got married. Time sure does go fast!
happy birthday buddy!!!
Aunt Amy
Happy Birthday Ammon! He was always a sweet kid in nursery
Happy birthday Ammon! I remember when Noah was still in the carrier and you brought him over to my moms to get a hair cut. Now you have three more little Kitchens...the time has passed by so quickly.
Sorry we missed the get together last monday...hope he had a good time with all his friends!
I remember that like it was yesterday!Wow does time fly!
you have amazing children...so you must be amazing parents! So cute, all of you
Post a Comment