Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Healthy Living



Now like most moms I try to feed my kids a nice balanced diet, even if the only things they want to eat are chicken nuggets and hot dogs. I still try to get them to eat well. However I am not above the occassional trip to Mcdonalds ( okay so lately it seems like it is once a week) The kids get the same thing each time Noah a snackwrap, Ian a double cheeseburger and Ammon a regular cheeseburger. Claire just samples the fries. Anyway today we made a quick run through the drive through after playgroup. When we got home I dished out the food, gave them each a few fries and an apple. I don't know if it was the novelty of getting a whole apple rather than just slices, But those seemed to be a hit. Ammon ate his whole apple ( including some seeds) and only a few bites of his cheeseburger. I guess maybe they are learning something.

2 comments:

The Cartwright Family! said...

Way to GO!!!

Susan said...

i still order Hamburger Happy Meals for myself...every time. Love the orange drink and the toy gets put in "the" box for the grandkids.

skip the apple...give me a burger!