Saturday, June 30, 2012

Baseball is Life. . .

. . .the rest is just details.  This was a popular saying on t-shirts back when I was in high school.  Just insert your favorite sport ( I had one that said "running is life. . .", but I digress).  This pretty much sums up our life this spring.  With 3 boys on 3 different teams we were at the ball fields just about every night and all day on Saturday.  But our boys love it, and when they aren't at a game or practice you can find them playing baseball in the backyard, watching it on tv, or playing it on the wii.  I love it too.  I love the lessons it teaches them.   I love watching them as they improve every year.   
    Noah was one of his teams pitchers, he pitched a couple of innings every couple of games.  His favorite moment of the season was when he got a chance to pitch most of the semi-final tournament game.  He was spot on all night.  Unfortunately the other team won, but Noah sure finished the season with a heck of a game.  
     Ian played first base most of the season, he was pretty good too, he is definitely not afraid to dive for a catch.  This year hegot invited to tryout for the all-star team for his division.  Unfortunately we were on vacation during the tryouts.  He would have made a good addition to the team.
   Ammon is so fun to watch, he is in coach pitch and loving every minute of it. He celebrates when anyone on his team does something good.   Currently his favorite part of the game is snack time. :) 
   So as you can see baseball is life around these parts.  If you ask any one of the boys they will tell you they want to play for the majors one day. To them I say practice hard, do your best, and have a back up plan.   These boys are too fun and they grow up too fast.  


Noah staring down his batter!
And the pitch
running to third
Ian playing his best position 1st base
At bat.  
Ian's pitching stare down
Ammon at bat
I love when they play catcher
Waiting to run

No comments: