Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cougar (Jimmer) Mania!

So I keep starting new blog posts but I never seem to finish them. I have a lot of things to catch up on, but you have to start somewhere so. . . . In honor of the start of the NCAA tournaments this post will be about the Cougar Mania that has swept through our house this year. Dave and I are proud graduates of BYU and we love BYU sports. It is especially fun when your team is doing exceptionally well, so well that the kids' friends at school are talking about Jimmer Fredette- star player on BYU's basketball team, and at one time my brother's roommate. (It's true, my small connection to Jimmer).
Cougar Mania is everywhere, I was at church the other night helping with the "weigh-in" for our annual Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, I noticed that several of the cars were BYU Cougar cars, my 2 boys included ( pictures of those to come later).
We had a rare treat this past December to take the 3 boys, to see the Cougars and Jimmer play. They were miraculously playing in Buffalo, a short 4 hr. drive from our house. Dave's brother who lives near buffalo, was able to score us a bunch of tickets at a good price, so we went! It was super fun and the Cougars won. Here are some fun pics of the event.


My sisters Becca, April and I


Noah with My dad and brother Tod. These guys were like kids on Christmas morning

Noah and Uncle Tod. Noah who wore all blue today because BYU is playing, never mind that it is St. Patty's day he didn't care.


The Fam minus Claire and Ruby who stayed at home and kept Grandma Cindy company


These pictures come from my sister April's camera. I left mine in the car, so I don't have any pictures of the kids with their cousins that live near Buffalo! They had a blast together!

So Go Cougars, We hope you win!! But we will still love you if you don't :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

and they are doing well....bballers did well back in my day, too...but never the fballers. Should be a fun game to watch. Go Blue

Lauren -HCP said...

So if I shake your hand that you shook your brothers with and he must've shook hands when he met his roommate for the first time it would be like I shook hands with Jimmer! Matt will be so jealous:-)