Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I tried, really I did.

Yes I tried to get my Christmas cards out this year. I even had my sister April take some cute pictures of my family and ones of my kids while she was here for Thanksgiving. Even if it meant that I would look like a lady who just had a baby 2 weeks prior. I even sent the chosen family picture to Costco and had 50 cards printed. I even managed to pass out a few. But Christmas came and went and no cards were sent out. I told myself it was okay, I will send them out for New Years. Well January came and went and it is Now February. A little too late to send out the Christmas card.






So I came up with a brilliant idea. I would buy a black sheet to use as a back drop, and turn my living room into a photo studio. The kids would all cooperate when I told them to put on a white or red shirt on, and of course the baby would not cry. Then in a few short snaps of the camera I would have a picture to send out as a valentine card. Well as with most things in life things don't go as planned and this is what I got





Maybe we will try again next year.

11 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

Your kids are so cute...no matter what they are doing.

Heath'e' said...

I can't believe how big they all are! They are adorable. At least you tried right! A for effort ;)

Tara said...

I love all the pictures...these are definitely the moments...We all know you were very busy and did all you could this Season.

Christina said...

Of course the baby is never crying in our visions.

You are amazing. I can't believe you guys have 5! They are all so cute.
Don't worry about the cards. Good thing the Costco cards are such a bargain. Now you have lots of family pictures to spare.

Susan said...

hey even with just having delivered #5 you managed....and I was lucky enough to have received the Christmas card. I think the valentine ones are perfect. But all y'all were pretty Valentine-y in theChristmas one...you with red and pearls! That would have been fine.

Did you notice? I never sent out one card for Christmas. Just wasn't the year....

Sarah said...

I love this post!!! It shows how real you are!! I think your kids are cute-they are all growing up way too fast. Claire looks much different then other pictures I have seen of her. Got to love these wonderful memories!!

Cindy said...

This is real life and I love it!!

Harris said...

Oh your family is so cute Nikki!! As for the cards... you have five children, no one could blame you for not getting them out! I don't even have kids and I can't even muster up the energy to want to send out christmas cards. lol.

Emily said...

you are SO funny!

your family is adorable. I love the pics of all the kids together! (a feat. Believe me, I know.)

Kristina said...

When did Noah get to be such a stud? I love your kids (and you and Dave of course:)

Haley said...

all the pics are great!!! such a cute family!