1999- I turned 20 this year, I was also in the midst of planning my wedding which would take place about 3 weeks later. My awesome roommates bought me 2 movies: "So I Married and Axe Murderer, and Saturday Night Live-The Best of Chris Farley ( my personal favorite). Later my husband took me to Manti, Utah where we shared a picnic dinner complete with cold chicken and purple kool-aid ( the latter being another favorite).
2000-This year I was pregnant with Noah. Dave and I were in Pismo Beach California at a family reunion with his mom's family. Dave's mom surprised me with a cake. That night Dave and I walked on the beach had some ice cream which I could barely eat ( I had an aversion to ice cream when I was prego with Noah, weird I know), then I opened a few presents by the light of a flashlight in our tent.
2001- We were visiting Dave's family in Chicago. A few days before we had been in Nauvoo, for the City of Joseph Pageant. Anyway Dave's family bought me a nice book with pictures from Liz Lemon Swindle( who I love ). We also had yummy homemade strawberry milkshakes, the best if you ask me.
2002- Pregnant again, This time with Ian. We were living in Chicago and Dave took me to this cute little Italian restaurant called Piccolo Mondo, that Dave had talked raves about. Well apparently we didn't order their best entrees, it wasn't that good.
2003- Wedding Bells were ringing for Dave's sister Sarah, so we spent the day driving to the Nauvoo temple, attending the wedding ceremony which was lovely, and driving back to the Chicago airport to make our flight home with just 15 minutes to spare. I am recalling a birthday card being passed around the temple waiting room to be signed by the family.
2004- Would you believe I was pregnant again. This time with Ammon. We spent the day at my mom's because Dave was taking the Bar exam. Then we all met up at the Golden Coral for dinner ( yuck. Dave bought me a golf driver, because I had to have one. I have used it once.
2005- Its wedding time again, this time my best friend from high school was getting married, and my friend and I were singing at the ceremony, so we spent the eve of my 26th birthday at the wedding rehersal dinner. Dave suprised me with a dozen roses , hidden in various places around the house like one in the dish washer, one at my moms house etc.
2006- I was pregnant with Claire and Dave bought me a willow tree statue of a mother and daughter
2007- Went to Cedar Point with Dave with out the kids. Spent the night up there. It was fun, but we only stayed til 4 pm because we realize that once you get older the rides give you headaches. Then we had a lovely dinner at the Olive Garden, and topped it off with a Harry Potter Movie.
2008- My golden birthday. Dave and the kids bought me donuts for breakfast (YUM). Later in the day my family came up and we had a yummy mint oreo blizzard ice cream cake. Then that night Dave and I had dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory. Dave bought me a very cute set of salt and pepper shakers.
2009- Spent my 30th birthday traveling home from our vacation in Puerto Rico. Had some snickers bar cake at the airport in San Juan while watching the end of the movie "Made in Manhattan". Delayed in San Juan for 1 hr. because of weather in Newark. On the flight to Newark we had a less than appetizing cheese burger to eat while watching " 17 again". Once we got to Newark we had to run all the way to the other end of the airport to make our connecting flight only to get there and find out our flight had been canceled, luckily we got on the next flight which left about an hour and a half later. Had some pizza and a Jamba Juice. Got home to Cleveland to find that our luggage was still in Newark. Got back to our home at 10 pm , waiting for us were yummy cupcakes made by grandma and the kids.
So there you have it. Sorry if this is long and boring but, it was fun for me to recap the last decade of birthdays. Here's to another great decade!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I am impressed that you remember every year! I can hardly remember last year. And I love that so much of your birthdays revolve around food...that is so me! Congrats on making it to the big 3-0!
Holy for a prego mama you can remember a ton!!! Happy belated birthday!!!
By the way you were pregnant on this birthday too! Thats awesome!
I wanted to tell you that today i had ammon in my class, and I really just love that kid. Today I was just sat down and he just jump up on my lap and sat there the most reverent I have ever seen a kid. It made me so happy that he would just do that. He totally made my day. he is a funny one too and comes up with some of the most random stuff!!! You have one awesome kid! actually four awesome kids!!
by the way if you need anything, like help with the kids and you just want to take a nap, i am available tuesdays and thursdays. Just give me a call!
Happy Happy birthday!!! It's so cool that you remember all those. I'm going to try to do the same. Oh and you forgot to mention that you are indeed pregnant on another birthday! What blessed birthdays you have had
Post a Comment