Friday, April 3, 2009

7th Heaven

Well folks, I have been trying to put off this blog entry for weeks, and really wanted to wait another month before posting this. But I can't keep secrets for very long, and the fact that I have kept my little secret (for the most part) for a month is pretty impressive.
So in case you were wondering this entry is not about the show 7th Heaven (although I admit to have seen every episode). But it is about the fact that in November we will become a family of 7! So if any of you were wondering why I look like I have put on a few pounds, its because I have been eating everything sight. Or for my neighbor who is wondering why I am always taking Noah to the bus stop in my pajamas and then at noon I am still in my pajamas when I take Ian to the bus. Or why it takes me extra long to get down to primary on Sunday, ( I am sneaking a snack).
And now for all the well wishers here is a list of answers to the questions that I will inevitably get in the next few weeks/months. ( These are all questions/comments I have been asked before, and mostly from people I have never met).

1. Are you crazy? -No
2. Did you plan this? Yes
3. Don't you know what causes this by now? Of course, why do you think I have so many kids
4. Do all your kids have the same baby Daddy? Yes
5. Is he still around? Yes
6. You're not old enough to have that many kids. . . Yes I am, I am 20 thank you very much
7. You must be very wealthy ( my favorite comment ever)-- Well not anymore.
8. How are you going to feed all those kids? Its a good thing I have a year supply of food in my basement
9. How are you going to afford to send those kids to college? What people do that? I paid my own way to college.
10. Are you done yet? Most likely

There you have it folks... the reason why I have been a an ultra sleepy, cranky, nauseous funk. And I am posting this. . . . . now.. . . .now.

22 comments:

Sarah said...

Hip Hip HOrray for baby number 5!! Party of 7!! Your house is going to be a rockin' party when this one comes! Congrats!! I am hoping for a sister for Claire!

Tara said...

I'm so excited for you...I hope you start feeling better. For the record...I think you look great...I couldn't even tell you were eating for two...I'll talk to you soon!

Shelly said...

The Reeves are so happy for you. this new little spirit is so lucky to becoming to your family:) Best of luck in the weeks/months to come! I am here for you..love ya!v
Let me know when you crave chick-fila...we've got free meals comin

JP said...

This is so wonderful! Congrats! Now I know why you've been on my mind. You'll need another Charlene soon...I'll help.

Kate said...

Congrats Nikki! Loved your list of questions. Don't let people get to you, each one of those kids is a blessing and you are an excellent mother who deserves all the happiness they will bring into your life. Woohoo!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! What exciting news. You are a great example and enjoy being in those jammies for however long you want! :)

Julie Baldwin said...

YEAH!!! I have been thinking it was time to add another Kitchen to the clan. If anyone can do 7 you and Dave can.

Haley said...

CONGRATS!!!! That's so exciting!!!!!!!!! Hope your feeling ok..

Jaime said...

Congrats Nikki!!! I don't envy your sickness or hormones though...I loved every question and answer, they made me laugh out loud. Thank goodness for a year supply of food:-)

Kelli and Dana said...

Congrats Nikki! Everytime I call mom I find out another sister or sister-in-law is pregnant but since you all are now and Kristina will probably take some time off I feel there will be less surprises. Wow, 7 sounds like a lot but then i remember we had 8 and I loved it so can't wait to see a new addition to the kitchen line!

Loni said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you're not feeling too sick!

Susan said...

there's nothing better than 5 kids...I oughta know. what a delightful way to announce this....be sure to print it off and save it in the newest baby book and for the other 4 as well.

Millie said...

Horray! I am tickled.

Nikki can you please put the color on your posts a darker color. It was super hard to read it in that light shade of blue. I love you!!!

Emily said...

Your list of questions cracked me up!

Congratulations!

Heath'e' said...

Congratulations!! I bet the kiddos are excited. I love your list of questions it gave me a good laugh!

Rebecca Banner said...

How awesome for you! That's great. Congrats and best wishes for a bearable pregnancy.

Christina said...

#6 made me laugh out loud. You are so funny! I love the list. Congratulations. I am happy for you guys!

Madison, Avery, Tina, and Alex said...

Nikki - that is such exciting news! What a fun way to announce it - I enjoyed your list of questions and answers too. Hope your pregnancy goes well! Congrats!

Max and Deborah said...

Yipppeeee!!!! your gonna have a baby!

I am excited for you... love your questions/ answer. great idea!

you are a fantastic mom, what a lucky little baby.

the herd said...

Hi Nikki!
David and I were friends long, long ago. He suggested I go to the family blog to have some updates. You have a great family. David is such a kind, nice guy. You both are very blessed!

Speaking as a mother of five... IT'S GREAT! This may be a lie sometimes but for the most part it's great!

kimlis said...

I hope it's a girl so you have 3 and 2. Best wishes to the Kitchens

Melanie said...

Wow! I have been behind with the blog world, CONGRATULATIONS!! Love your Q&A. That would have come in useful for me, the last few years of having four babies before 30!! Hope you are feeling better!!